Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 2 at the CCM

Hey Everyone!

Things are going great here at the CCM and I could not be more excited to serve the Lord these next two years!  We had a couple awesome things happen this week.  One of them being that we got to listen to a talk given by Richard G. Scott to the missionaries in the Provo MTC a couple months ago.  He really talked about the importance of personal prayer and the importance of it in our daily lives.  It was really amazing.  One other thing that happened was our temple trip last P-Day.  We listened to the session in Spanish and it just taught me that no matter what the language, the spirit still communicates the same.  The temple here is the 3rd biggest in the world and it is massive and amazing!  It even has escalators in it.  It is modeled after an Aztec design so it looks pretty awesome.  We are going to the temple again this P-Day and I am super pumped!  I have found that if I just lose myself in the work that the time literally flies by.  I would not want to be anywhere else right now.  We have fallen into a routine here and it's pretty busy.  I think we have 15 or 16 hour days every day.  It definitely makes the time fly by. The days have definitely gotten a lot better.  We have more personal study hours to kind of just relax and study what we feel like we need to study.  My Spanish is coming along great and I can almost find a way to say anything that I want.  We had some Latinos move into the house we are staying in.  We went and talked to them and had an awesome conversation in Spanish.  I definitely know now the gift of tongues is a real thing and that the Lord is starting to bless me with it.  As I look back, it is hard to believe that I have already been here for 2 weeks.  I know that time will only start to go by faster. I love all of the emails everyone has sent to me and I love hearing about what is happening back at home.  I will try to keep you updated on what happening here and will write again next week.

Love Elder Merrill

Email address:  marriner.merrill@myldsmail.net















No comments:

Post a Comment