Monday, October 24, 2016

Aggie Elders at Arkansas State

Things are going great here in Jonesboro!  It is super awesome to have
a companion from Cache Valley and to be teaching him Spanish.  Having
to teach him the Spanish language has really helped me learn even more. 
The work here is going great!  We set a baptismal date with a lady this
past week so that was super awesome!  She was a bible referral who
invited us back. We taught her about the restoration and she told us that
it all made sense. We then invited her to be baptized and she accepted! 
Hopefully she stays committed and continues to progress.

I love being a missionary.  Our day to day schedule is pretty much this:
8:00 -1:00 we have our studies and a lunch hour.  1:00 - 6:00 or 7:00 we
proselyte and go to our appointments.  Then we usually have dinner in a
members home.  After dinner we usually go and visit less active members
in the ward and share gospel messages with them. 

This morning was pretty sweet.  We went to the Arkansas State Bookstore
because it is owned by a member of the bishopric.  He was actually in his
office today and he hooked us up with some free Red Wolf stuff.  I got a hat
and a sweatshirt.  He is a really cool guy and we talked to him for like an
hour.  We discussed how to make money after our missions.

Your testimony definitely gets tested out here with of all the different religions. 
I get told I'm going to hell a couple times a week.  But I can promise you this -
This gospel is true!!!  It is the only gospel with absolutely all of the truth.  I am
so thankful for the strength we can obtain through the atonement of our Savior
Jesus Christ.  Even though it gets tough out here sometimes I definitely love it. 
And because I have been tested so much my testimony has grown like crazy.

We are going over to a members tonight for dinner and family home evening.
Then we are gonna go visit a less active family.  Thank you to everyone who
sends me emails (marriner.merrill@myldsmail.net).  I absolutely love reading
them and I promise I will do my best to respond to them.  I love you all so much
and hope you have a wonderful week.

Love Elder Merrill

- Elder Merrill and Elder Sweeten -
2 Elders from Cache Valley in their new
Aggie Game Day Shirts!


No comments:

Post a Comment