Monday, September 26, 2016

The power of God is real!

Hey everyone!

This week was pretty awesome!  We did our first exchanges as a district
and I got paired up with the other greenie here.  It was good to see
that we could actually go out and do this work without the help of our
trainers.  We visited a couple of our investigators and found a couple new
ones as well.  We had an awesome experience in finding people.  We said a
specific prayer that we would find at least one person to teach and set a
return appointment.  It was so amazing to see our prayer answered after
about an hour and a half.  We were headed back to the car and decided to
knock on one more door and we found someone!  I know that when we
humbly ask specific prayers that they will be answered! 

On Tuesday my companions and I went and knocked on the door of a trailer
and found this guy.  He is super awesome and has totally changed his life
around by going to church. We talked to him for a while and were just
getting ready to set a return appointment when -bam- he went into a seizure.
It was crazy!  He hit the ground and we didn't really know what to do.  His
daughter was there who is a nurse so she immediately started helping.  When
he stopped shaking and we kind of had him sitting up we offered to give a
blessing.  His daughter said yes.  He was still in pretty bad shape so my
companion put his hands on his head and gave him a blessing.  As
soon as he said amen and lifted his hands off, this man woke right up and
was pretty much totally normal.  It was crazy!  He looked right at me
and started talking as if nothing had happened.  It was amazing to witness
first hand that the power of God is real and that God works through us.
I know that when we call on him in faith that he will always be there. 

It has been so awesome out here and I am having a blast.  We just set two
baptismal dates this week for October 22nd so that was super awesome!  I am
definitely getting the hang of this and feel a lot more comfortable teaching.
I am really excited for General Conference.  We are going to watch a couple sessions
with members and the rest at the church.  I feel like my Spanish is coming along well
and we have started to find more Spanish speaking people so that is really cool.
I have learned out here serving that missionary work takes a lot of faith and
I have definitely felt and seen mine develop more each day.  I absolutely love my area. 
The only thing different about home from here is that there are no mountains and you
sweat no matter what when you are outside - haha.  The ward and members here are
awesome and they are so willing to help us which makes it really great.  I have been so
blessed to have already seen some pretty cool stuff happen out here and I can't wait to
see what is in store for me.  I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love Elder Merrill

IPad basketball balancing

Dinner with members 





Being a missionary is cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment