Monday, September 19, 2016

El Libro de Mormon

Things are going great here in the mission field and Jonesboro is awesome!
It has been a good week.  We have a couple people we are teaching.  One of
them is the man I committed to be baptized on October 1st.  I still can't believe I did
it in Spanish.  It was so awesome!  My companions are amazing!  Elder Moore is from
St. George and Elder Santiago is from Puerto Rico. They have helped me a ton and it is
super fun being with them.  We had our first exchanges this past week. With Spanish
we go on exchanges with Spanish Elders in other areas as well as with the English
missionaries in our area. This week I went to the Spanish area. I was sent over to
Russellville with Elder Doty and Elder Sotomarina.  It was super cool and we
spoke Spanish the entire time.  We taught a lady and I bore my testimony
about the Book of Mormon -el Libro de Mormon!  I also committed her to read
the book daily in her life.  It was cool because after I started speaking the words just
came to my mouth and I knew exactly what to say. It is amazing how much my testimony
has grown already and I can't wait to see how much it will grow over the next 2 years. 
It also amazes me how many churches and banks are here.  On every corner there is a bank or
a church, and most of the banks are owned by churches.  It is also weird being a minority
religion.  But all of this has really helped me to know how much the gospel blesses lives. 
The people who don't have the gospel in their lives just don't seem to be as happy as
the members or our investigators who are really progressing.  Sharing the gospel with
people really does bring so much joy.  I love being out here and I can't wait to see what
other adventures I will have. One thing I have come to know out here is that I definitely
can't do this alone.  I am so thankful for all the support my Heavenly Father and my Savior,
Jesus Christ give us in our lives. It is really awesome being out here and serving.  It may be
tough at times but it is definitely worth it.  It's crazy to think that this transfer is already
halfway over. Time is literally flying by.  I really love hearing from everyone.  We can check
email whenever we have wifi so feel free to send an email anytime you want.  Thank you
so much for all the support.  Love you all!

Love Elder Merrill

Spanish Book of Mormon


Kaden sent a little video this week - it was so fun to
hear his voice and see the fun him and his companions are having. 
Here are a couple screenshots from the video.  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment