Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First week in the ALRM!

Things have been going great here in Arkansas.  I have definitely learned that missionary work is not hard, it is harder.  President Wakolo is so awesome and probably one of the coolest men I have ever met.  We spent the first two days with him so that was really awesome.  This first week here has been awesome and challenging.  I will be in a trio for this first transfer. The people here are amazing and the ward members we have met are pretty great too.  We have had one meal with a member so far and it was delicious.  The English elders in our area are also in a trio so that's pretty cool.  Our first day we taught one strong investigator and a few other people.  My trainers made me knock on the very first door the very first day. Yeah-that was crazy.  Friday was about the same and we ate dinner at this awesome Mexican restaurant.  Saturday none of our appointments were home and we had dinner at a recent converts house.  Sunday was awesome and all of the missionaries shared their testimonies.  A crazy thing that happened this week was that we bible bashed with one of our investigators who had found some anti stuff on the Internet.  I was definitely pretty nervous and was freaking out a little, but my trainers handled it well and they helped me out a lot.  We have one investigator sister who is hopefully going to get baptized this Saturday so that will be so awesome.  I am enjoying Jonesboro.  It is actually a lot like Logan so that is great, minus the fact that there are no mountains.  The people here are pretty sweet and it has been awesome actually teaching real people.  We are on our bike week this week but there is a black guy in the ward named Freddy Green and he literally spends all day with us and drives us around so that is pretty nice.  I can't wait to tell you more awesome stories as soon as I get some.  I look forward to hearing from you.  I love mail!  Thanks for all of the support!

Love Elder Merrill

Apartment address
3700 South Caraway Apt. B-12
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72404

Email address
marriner.merrill@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address
905 Kierre Drive
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72116


Missionaries who arrived to the ALRM on August 30, 2016

New missionaries with their trainers

Elder Kaden Merrill with his trainers
Elder Moore and Elder Santiago

The ALRM Spanish Zone missionaries

Elder Moore, Elder Merrill, Elder Santiago

Letter from Elder Merrill

                                          The ALRM (Arkansas Little Rock Mission) Map

No comments:

Post a Comment