Monday, June 26, 2017

New investigator, lost power and golfing video

Hey guys!  I'm so glad to hear that you went to Elder Sweeten's 
mission homecoming.  Elder Sweeten is awesome! He definitely 
helped me out a lot.  I will really miss seeing him in the mission 
field.  Sounds like yesterday was a missionary Sunday with the 
homecoming and a mission farewell.  I can't believe all those 
guys are all starting to leave on their missions and that I have 
almost hit my year mark!  It literally blows my mind.    

This week has been good.  Elder Smalley is so awesome and we 
get along great!  He came out one transfer after me and I had met 
him a few times before so already knew each other a little.  It's 
really going to be a great transfer!  

As far as the Lord's work goes - this week was pretty normal.  We 
had a good lesson last night with a new investigator we picked up 
at an English class this last week.  We showed up for the lesson 
and he was there and already had the pamphlets and a Book of 
Mormon with him.  We found out that he had talked with some 
missionaries almost two years ago.  He told us he was ready to 
listen to our message again so we will see where things go with him.  

We did have a little adventure this week.  We lost power on Friday 
for about 7 hours.  It was mostly during our morning hours where we 
are actually in our apartment.  Let's just say it was hard to stay awake 
during personal study in the dark - haha.  We did lose a little bit of food 
in the fridge.  Hopefully I have enough to last me the week because I 
have no more MSF for this month.  I used it all on the food that was in 
the refrigerator.  But all is well.

I can't believe the water is all the way up to the front lawn of the cabin at 
Bear Lake and I'm not there to enjoy it!  Oh well - missions always require 
a sacrifice right?  But really - I would NOT trade this experience I'm having 
serving the Lord for the world.  I am so blessed to represent my Savior 
and serve him everyday!  The church is true!

I love you guys!  Have an awesome week! 

Love Elder Merrill


This is the biggest Baptist Church in Tennessee - 
and pretty sure one of the biggest in the South

Mini-Golfing P-day party today!
My companion Elder Smalley is in the blue shirt

It was awesome to see the Bourdrero's on transfer day last week 

Elder Merrill sent this video to his Dad today for his birthday!
It made us laugh so hard and love him even more!  


Elder Sweeten's Homecoming - June 25, 2016

It was really fun to meet him and hear stories about Elder Merrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment