Monday, June 19, 2017

A week of good-bye

Hey guys!   I am staying in Memphis!  My new companion is Elder
Smalley.  He is pretty cool.  I have gotten to know him at meetings
and stuff so this transfer should be pretty good.  Today was pretty 
much spent moving stuff around for transfers and chillin at the 
church with tons of missionaries.  It's been good, but for me being 
at the church all day is super boring.  I would rather go out on the 
town and do stuff.  We are planning to visit the Bass Pro Shops at 
the Pyramid in downtown Memphis soon so that should be amazing.  

It was pretty fun sending Elder Spencer home.  He has spent a year of 
his mission here in Memphis so everyone wanted to throw a goodbye 
party for him.  We we served a lot of food and Elder Merrill might be 
little fatter now. :) You guys will have to find Elder Spencer when he 
comes to Utah State in the Fall.  I told him to come find you so hopefully 
you can meet sometime.  Oh - he also gave me his bike!  He said he 
didn't want the bike anymore because he has another one.  We said 
good-bye today - it was sad.  I'm going to miss him.

This past week was good.  Nothing too crazy has happened lately.  We 
had another super awesome thunder storm.  I learned that thunder can 
actually be loud enough to set off a car alarm - it doesn't just happen in 
the movies.  It was pretty sweet.  It's definitely getting very hot here! No 
matter what I do when I walk outside I'm sweating!  I'm hoping to sweat 
off all the weight I have gained - haha!

Being a Spanish missionary in the states has been amazing!  Not only 
have I learned a language - I have been able to experience just about 
all of the Spanish cultures and foods because everyone living here in 
our country is an immigrant.  I have learned so much about so many 
different countries, and experiencing the food is amazing.  I wasn't sure 
at firstbut I am super happy that I am a state side Spanish speaking 
missionary.  It is the best!  

Sounds like LTC was awesome!  I remember APTC being amazing and 
it made me really excited to be a missionary.  That will be awesome to go 
to Elder Sweeten's homecoming.  I got to see him today and say good-bye.
It was sad. I will definitely miss him a lot.  He was an awesome companion.

That's about all the happenings from this week.  Love you guys!

Love Elder Merrill

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!
I just wanted to send you a little email and say thanks. Thanks 
for everything. I always loved hearing stories from your mission.  
Hearing them always made me want to make some of my own. 
We have an investigator from Brazil right now who speaks Spanish 
and Portuguese.  She promised to teach us Portuguese if we teach 
her English. So I might come home having learned three languages!  
I also wanted to say thanks for all the times I felt like I messed up pretty 
bad and you always helped me know you still loved me. That I always 
had your support.  I have learned a lot out here but mostly I have learned 
that you guys were always right!  As much as I don't want to admit it it's 
true. Thanks for everything Dad.  I Love You!

                                               
                                               Good-bye President Wakolo & Family
Elder Merrill will miss these people

I asked Elder Merrill to write something 
about President Wakolo - this is what he said:

"No matter what you do, he will always look at you with more 
love than you can ever imagine.  He has always made me feel like I am 
enough.  And that is pretty amazing.  He has blessed my life forever."


Good-bye Elder Sweeten
Elder Merrill & Elder Sweeten
He will be missed!


Elders Merrill & Anaya, Hermanas Petty & Keller, Elders Spencer & Pickering
The last 6 weeks in Memphis with this Spanish District has been great!


TRANSFER DAY!  
Hanging out at the church in Memphis


No comments:

Post a Comment