Monday, January 16, 2017

Everyday - Everyday - Everyday

Something President Wakolo says is this: 
Everyday - Everyday - Everyday
We keep working hard everyday despite the ups and downs!

This week has been pretty good, a little long, but for the
most part good.  We have recently started teaching a guy
named Floyd.  He is less active and has two grandkids living
with him that aren't members. We are hoping to set baptismal
dates with them soon.  Other than Floyd we didn't have a lot
happen this week. We got a lot of doors slammed in our face
and a lot of people who didn't answer the door or missed their
appointments.  But.....SWEET IS THE WORK!

I can't believe that I will hit my six month mark on Thursday -
January 19th!  This means I get to burn a tie!  I found a really
ugly tie in our last apartment that got left there so I took it to
burn!  I'm excited - it is going to be sweet! 

We had an awesome experience last night.  We were blessed
with the opportunity to speak at a youth fireside that was held
in the Boudrero's home.  Elder Spencer was picked from our
companionship to give a longer talk.  I got to share a few words
about preparing for a mission.  It was very cool to experience the
spirit there.  Tonight we are going to eat dinner with the family I
was with on Christmas day where I got to talk to you.  I am pretty
excited. I really hope we get to enjoy some great Brazilian food.

Well hopefully next week is more eventful.  Even when I haven't
had the best week it is still a good week because I get to be a
missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and
share this true gospel!  I love it and I love you guys!

Love Elder Merrill

Elder Merrill, Elder Donahoo & Elder Spencer
showing off their new $7.00 tie racks they got on sale!

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      We received an email this past week from the mission office that said this: 
"We wanted to share this wonderful letter with you about the new assignment for Elder Merrill." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Poem written by a member in Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment