Monday, January 23, 2017

Don't let your fears weaken your faith!

Hey guys!  I hope y'all had an awesome week.  This week was
great!  Things are starting to pick back up here in Jonesboro. 
We have started to find some new investigators again.  We are
kind of in a rebuilding stage here.  We had an awesome lesson
with Francisco, one of our investigators we have been teaching
for a while.  We went to teach him more about the gospel of Jesus
Christ and the conversation somehow ended up about the law of
chastity.  So we taught him more about that and the we also taught
him about the Word of Wisdom.  He didn't seem to have a problem
with either so we committed him to live both and he accepted! 

The gospel is amazing!  President gave us some encouraging words
this past week.  Sometime missionary work can be really hard.  I was
reading my patriarchal blessing again yesterday morning and a phrase
in there stuck out to me that has never stuck out before.  The phrase is
"don't let your fears weaken your faith."  I feel like that was Heavenly
Fathers way of saying, "Hey I got stuff!  You - Elder Merrill - continue
to work hard and bring back my children to me and I will take care of
everything else.  It is truly amazing how the Lord speaks to each and
every one of us.  I really don't know what I would do if He didn't.  The
power of prayer is real and so is personal revelation.  My testimony of
these has really grown out here on my mission. 

This week we have a missionary broadcast about some changes in our
day to day schedules so that will be exciting.  Also this Saturday Neil
A. Anderson is coming to talk to us!  I am so excited!  It is going to
be amazing be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord. 

Well that is about it on this side of things.  I can't believe you had
another snow day!  I am so jealous.  I love all of you! Everything is
going Awesome in Arkansas.  Have a great week!

Love Elder Merrill

Elder Merrill
in a tunnel & in cowboy boots!



No comments:

Post a Comment