Monday, October 23, 2017

Crossing the River to Monticello Arkansas

Hey guys - It's transfer day!  I'm crossing the river again and heading to 
Monticello, Arkansas -- and my companion will be Elder Toomer!!!  I
am so pumped!  I will be finishing up training his Greenie with him so
we will be in a trio.   I’ve heard many good things about Monticello so 
I'm excited to serve there.  The area was opened last transfer so I'm not 
sure how much Spanish there will be but I'm excited for the change.  
have mixed feelings about leaving Memphis because I have been there 
for so long.  I have really grown to love the Spanish Branch there.  It was
sad to say goodbye to a few people.  I am looking forward to being back
in Little Rock for today.  I am hoping to see a few former companions - 
maybe Elder Giles.  I'm also sad to say goodbye to a few missionaries 
leaving today.  You may remember Elder Donahoo?  He is headed home 
tomorrow.  We have become pretty good friends.  I feel so blessed to have
met so many wonderful people here in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission.  

I am currently riding in the transfer van on my way to my new home for 
at least the next 6 weeks.  I am seriously so excited to serve with Elder 
Toomer!  I can't believe it has been 15 months since we boarded a plane
together to head to the Mexico MTC.  I have to go back to Memphis on 
Wednesday to get another x-ray and check-up on my wrist.  Do you like
my camouflage cast?  Sorry I don't have a lot of time to write today with
everything going one.  I love you guys.  Have a great week! 

Love Elder Merrill
                                      
                                                      Love that SMILE!  

Memphis Spanish Missionaries
Elder Smalley & Merrill, Hermana Robles & Keller, Elder Short & Sotomarino

   TRANSFER DAY!  
 Just look for the Elder in the cast


2 comments: