Monday, April 10, 2017

Missionary Miracles

Hey guys!  How is everybody?  Sounds like the St. George trip
was fun.  I have to admit that it was weird not going down there
to play baseball there like I have for the past 9 years.  Thanks for
all the pictures - the boys are getting so big!

This week was pretty good.  We got the car back so that is always
nice.  We went on exchanges with the zone leaders so I got to hang
out with Elder Sweeten for a couple days.  It was so awesome!  We
had a great time together and I always learn a ton from him.  We
reminisced about the Jonesboro days and all the good times we had
there while serving together.  It's gonna be so sad when he goes home. 
I am grateful for his friendship.

We recently had a couple of miracles happen in the area. 
Miracle #1:  We found an old investigator knocking doors one day.
He told us that he really wanted us to come back. He said that he had
been thinking about talking to the missionaries for the while.  I know
the Lord led us to him and I am so glad we found him.  We are really
excited to go back and teach him more. 
Miracle #2:  We also had two people come to church!  They were the
first investigators to come in about 9 weeks and it was so awesome!
They really enjoyed being there and I am praying they return. 

Things are going well with Elder Santiago.  I can't remember if I told
you he is from Puerto Rico.  I enjoy serving with him, but out of all of
my mission companions he has probably tested my patience the most. 
I have really been working on seeing people through the Saviors eyes
like President Eyring talked about.  This transfer has definitely given
me the wonderful opportunity to do so.

I'm really looking forward to Easter!  I love my Savior.  He loves me. 
He loves each of you.  And I love all of you.
I hope you have an awesome week!

Love Elder Merrill

Elder Merrill with President Wakolo and family

Elder Merrill by Little Rock Central High School.
Little Rock Nine took place here.

The Little Rock Nine were a group of nine African American
students enrolled in Little Rock Central High School in 1957.
Their enrollment was followed by the Little Rock Crisis, in which
the students were initially prevented from entering the racially
segregated school by Orval Faubus, the Governor of Arkansas.
They then attended after the intervention of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.




1 comment:

  1. Those are Miracles, I am glad you are taking note of them. I need to do that in my own life! Also, awesome job recognizing the value of learning patience. Such a hard task. Great job Elder Merrill!

    ReplyDelete