Monday, March 6, 2017

Birthday adventures in Little Rock

Hey guys!  Thanks for the birthday package.  Everything was
awesome!  The cake cookies were amazing.  I shared them with
everyone and they loved them as well.  Thank you so much for
the socks!  I love them!  And the Aggie socks are amazing!  To
be honest I think the mission has made me feel like I'm 22 with
everything we do so it was nice to be reminded that I was only
turning 19 on Monday. 

Things are going awesome here in Little Rock.  Last p-day - my
birthday - was so fun!  We went to the Clinton museum and they
had a super awesome Beatles exhibit.  I loved it!  I have lots of
pictures.  We also walked across the big Clinton bridge and I took
some cool pictures of the city.  That night the ward invited us over
for a "Family Home Evening" at one of their houses and turns out
they threw a surprise birthday party for me.  It was super awesome! 
Hispanics really know how to throw a party.  We had games, pizza,
and I got my face shoved into a cake - Ha Ha!   Good fun!


Being a district leader has been such a cool experience.  My district
is so awesome and I have grown to love them all so much.  Our area
has been struggling a little bit lately and we are trying to change that.
They have just been doing the same thing over and over here as far as
tracting and stuff like that - it's not working.  So at the moment I am
trying to figure out how to change that. My Spanish is coming along
great.  It is really fun to be in an all Spanish area.  It also helps that my
companion knows more Spanish than English.

My companion, Elder Gonzales, is from Angol, Chile.  He said that it
is in the Chile Concepcion South mission.  Today we are going to have
a pretty relaxed P-day.  It's will be nice to take a little break.  It is really
nice to be busy all the time but sometimes you miss having nothing
to do.  Thanks for everything!  I love you!

Love Elder Merrill

Elder Merrill at the Little Rock Spanish Branch

Elder Sweeten, Elder Gonzales, Elder Jorgensen & Elder Merrill
 on the Clinton Bridge in Little Rock



Little Rock Arkansas

Little Rock Capitol Building

Walk this way to the Clinton Museum

"President" Elder Merrill


                                                               Can you find all 4 Elders?

Beatles Exhibit




Get back to work Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment