Monday, February 20, 2017

Being a District Leader is pretty sweet!

Hey guys!  How is everybody?!  Sorry about last week, my email
was not working and I was only able to send that little bit.  This
last week has been pretty good.  My new companions name is Elder
Gonzales.  He is from Chile and speaks very little English.  He is really
funny and I am enjoying getting to know him.  My Spanish has already
gotten a ton better!  So far we get along great.  He came out with me to
the mission field and has been serving in this area his whole mission. 
It's kind of a tough area so sometimes he gets a little unmotivated to
work, but so far it hasn't really been a problem.  We are going to work
hard together!  We were on walk week this past week.  He doesn't have
a bike so I think we walked like 15 miles.  Luckily it wasn't too hot.

Being a district leader is pretty sweet though.  My district consists of
us, a set of Spanish sisters, and the Spanish zone leaders.  It's really
great because I get to serve around Elder Sweeten again.  He is a zone
leader here.  I did my first call in last week to get the weekly numbers
and check in on them.  It was pretty cool.  Tomorrow I have to direct
and teach my first district meeting.  I'm a little nervous but it should be
pretty good.  I'm going to teach about our purpose as Spanish branch
missionaries.  It is way different than the Jonesboro ward.  It's like a sixth
of the size, and of course everything is in Spanish. The branch still has to
rely a lot on the missionaries to teach and give talks on Sunday so looks
like I am going to get pretty good at teaching on the fly.  

My new address is:

Elder Marriner Kaden Merrill
LDS Missionaries
7820 West Capitol Avenue  Apt. 613
Little Rock, AR  72205

I can't believe I'm going to be 19 in a week!  I'm looking forward to my
birthday package.  I always love ties, like really love ties ;)  It's also crazy
that I hit 7 months out yesterday.  I still feel like a greenie sometimes.  

I am so blessed to be a missionary.  It has been amazing to witness the
miracles and tender mercies that the Lord gives us from day to day. I know
that this gospel changes lives, I've seen it.  It definitely gives me strength
each and every day.  I know that God lives and that He loves us.  I love that
God gives us trials not only to strengthen us but to teach us.  I love all of you
guys and hope that you have an awesome week!

Love Elder Merrill


Elder Merrill on Merrill Drive in Little Rock Arkansas



Elder Merrill's District Leader Letter from President Wakolo

No comments:

Post a Comment