Monday, April 23, 2018

I KNOW I am where I need to be!

Hey guys!  This week was great!  On Tuesday we had a really awesome 
lesson with an older couple we are teaching.  They always have a lot of 
questions for us which is awesome.  We are really hoping to get them to 
church soon.  Wednesday we had a wonderful district meeting.  After that 
I went up to Mountain View for exchanges.  It’s a little town about an hour 
Northwest of Batesville.   Apparently it's the folk music capitol of the world.  
They have people come and play there every weekend.  It was a cool place 
to see.  We weren’t really able to teach anybody but that was ok.  I returned 
to Batesville just in time for dinner with Brother Trayler.  He invited us over 
again and we were excited because he is such an interesting person.  

Friday we did service for an investigator of ours.  We went and helped him 
haul scrap metal.  It was actually really nice to do some manual labor like 
that for a while.  Saturday morning we went and helped out at the community 
breakfast at the Methodist church.  After that we went back and hauled more 
scrap metal for the rest of the day.  It was a blast but a lot of work.  The guy 
we were helping is the one we are hoping will get baptized soon - as soon as 
he stops chewing tobacco.  

Sunday we drove to Memphis and we are still here!  It has been amazing!  It 
was about a 2 1/2 hour drive to get here from Batesville.  The missionary tribute 
fireside last night was great.  I was able to connect with some old friends here - 
it was so good to see them all again.  For P-day today we have just been hanging 
out with Elder Toomer and others at the church playing basketball.  It has been a 
blast.  I also contacted Randy - the guy I became good friends with while serving 
here - we are going to go to lunch with him this afternoon and then head back to 
Batesville.  Man I really miss this place!  I kind of got sad today because I am not 
serving here - but I KNOW I am where I need to be!  I know I am serving where 
my Heavenly Father needs me to be.  

Love Elder Merrill

Elder Giles, Elder Merrill, Elder Short & Elder Toomer
at the Memphis Missionary Tribute Fireside

 - Companions -
Elder Merrill and Elder Pickering

No comments:

Post a Comment