Monday, April 2, 2018

Amazing General Conference!

Hola!  Wasn't General Conference amazing?  I really enjoyed it.  We watched 
every session at the church with all the other missionaries and church members.  
It is always nice to listen and learn from our church leaders.  I really think all the 
changes that were made with the priesthood and ministering will be good.  I'm 
not exactly sure how it will work but I know that it will all work out.  Modern day 
revelation is real.  I really loved how one of the main focuses of conference was 
receiving personal revelation.  This is something that I know I have gotten better 
at on my mission and know it is definitely something I will work on my whole life.  
I think my biggest take away from this conference was that the Lord speaks to us 
today.  He definitely guides this church and wants what is best for each one of us.  
I know the changes we received will help us build each other up as well as His 
kingdom.  What an amazing time to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ 
Latter-Day Saints!

Besides conference this week was good.  Tuesday we had our district meeting.  
After the meeting Elder Padilla and I went on exchanges.  It went really well. He 
is trying to learn his area so I made him do everything.  We ended up having a 
really good day and finding some new people to teach.  

Friday was a cool/weird day.  We went to go pick up Elder Anderson's suit from 
the cleaners and then we went to the mall to visit a past investigator who works 
at a Chinese place there. While we were there we ended up talking to a Hispanic 
janitor and he asked us to meet with him after his shift.  So we hung around the 
area for 3 hours until he got off work.  We had an awesome lesson in the mall and 
he invited us to come back this week and teach him. So hopefully that works out. 

Today has been busy.  Lots of shopping and playing soccer.  It is Elder Gonzales’ 
last P-day so he wanted to hang out before he goes home.  We are really going to 
miss him.  I am going on an exchange with him this week so I am pretty excited.  
Thanks for the Easter package.  It was awesome - especially the gushers!  I have
not had those in forever.  I love you guys. 

Love Elder Merrill

                                 We taught our English class at the library this week

No comments:

Post a Comment