Monday, March 19, 2018

Dolla Dolla bills y’all

Hey guys!  This week was another good one but not too much happened. 
I was on exchanges almost the whole week.  Tuesday and Wednesday I 
served in Benton.  We worked so hard but really weren’t able to talk to a 
lot of people.  We then exchanged back on Wednesday and I immediately 
went on another exchange with Elder Padilla.  We served in my area so 
that was nice.  I had the honor of taking him on his first bus ride in America 
which he thought it was crazy.  We also worked hard but everyone we tried 
to visit wasn't home so that was rough but we made the best of it.  It was 
really fun to serve with him again.  Then Elder Anderson and I were back 
together Thursday night.  

Friday we were able to go and provide service all day for one of our top 
investigator family.  We helped them set up for the quinceañera of their 
daughter for five hours.  It was exhausting but so worth it to serve this
family.  The most exciting part of the week was that were were cleared 
by our zone leaders to attend the quinceañera.  It was so awesome!  We 
went while they were having a church service and set up couple more 
decorations. The party was awesome and it really centered around God.  
It was really cool to be able to understand all the Spanish at the party and 
get to know the people at our table.  There was a college student sitting at 
our table who has a couple Mormon friends.  We were able to answer a few 
of her questionsThe party provided a good opportunity for us to get some 
good exposure and introduce the ourselves as missionaries to many people.  

Sunday we had a really long correlation meeting and planned an activity for
tonight.  P-day today has been sweet.  We went to the Capitol building for a 
district activity.  I was able to hold a half a million dollars in my hands!  It was 
amazing.  We also took some really cool pictures but they are on my camera 
so I will send them next week.  

Thanks for all the support you always give me.  Being a missionary has been
one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have ever done in my life.  I 
have definitely learned a lot about trials while out here on my mission.  I have 
come to the conclusion that there is know better way to learn something that 
to learn it while in the service of my God and his children.  I love you all!  

Love Elder Merrill 

Elder Merrill in the Arkansas State Capitol Building
holding a half a million dolla dolla bills y'all!

Elder Padilla and Elder Merrill

Quinceañera fun!
Elder Merrill and Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment