Monday, March 12, 2018

A mustard seed of faith

Hey guys!  This week was pretty good.  We recently bought bus 
passes so it has been a new fun adventure riding the bus around.  
We just throw our bikes onto the front and ride to places that are 
farther out in our area that would usually take a long time to get to 
on a bike.  It has been nice. 

Last Thursday we had Zone Conference.  It was really awesome.  
President Hansen gave an amazing lesson on having faith.  He 
used himself as the example by telling us the story of how he had 
to get a hearing aid while being a Mission President.  He said that 
he felt the need to seek a blessing from one of the members of the 
seventy while attending a training meeting.   In the blessing he said 
that he was promised that his hearing would be fully restored.  He 
told us that it has not happened yet. He thought for a little while that 
he didn't have sufficient faith.  He then proceeded to teach us how 
we only need to have a mustard seed of faith.  He said that he has 
not lost his faith in God and that we need to realize that blessings do 
not always come immediately.  He testified of enduring our trials by 
clinging to doctrinal hope and to the knowledge that there is always 
light at the end of the tunnel.  His message really had an impact on 
me and gave me a new perspective.  President Hansen is great.  My 
life has definitely been blessed to have had two awesome mission 
presidents.  I have learned a ton from each of them.   

It rained again this week.  That always makes missionary life a little 
more challenging.  Hoping it doesn't rain too much this coming week.  
I'm excited for a few things this week.  We have exchanges with the 
Zone Leaders on Tuesday and then with our district on Wednesday.   
So we will be serving people all over the place. 

I can’t believe my sister is turning 18 this week.  Ahhhh that makes 
me realize how old I am! I can’t imagine how you guys feel - haha.  
I hope everyone has a great week. Love ya! 

Love Elder Merrill 

How is y'all?

I'm still doing great in Little Rock, Arkansas!  

Always an adventure in the South!

Elder Padilla fell asleep in the car so we decided to scare him - haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment