Monday, May 28, 2018

The Book of Mormon is the word of God

Hey guys!  This week was great.  My new companion, Elder Asay, is pretty 
funny.  He is from Caldwell Idaho, near Boise, and has been out serving for 
about 20 months.  We have gotten to get to know each other pretty well this 
past week and get along fine.  He seems to like Batesville so far.  

Tuesday was transfers so we spent most of the day in Little Rock. When we 
got back to our area we got all settled in.  Wednesday was a good day.  We
had a lesson with our top investigator Kenny.  His baptism date is set for June 
16th and it still looks pretty promising!  We then had a correlation meeting and 
our Book of Mormon class that night.  

Thursday we went to a neighboring town called Salado.  We did service with 
Habitat for Humanity and also went to a little thrift store.  

Friday was a slow day because a lot of people just weren't home.  That night
was awesome though because we had a fun branch game night.  We played 
Phase 10.  We also had an awesome lesson with an excommunicated member.  
We hope to teach them again soon. 

Saturday morning we went and helped again at the Methodist breakfast.  That 
is seriously always a blast.  After we went and walked around and found a few 
less active members.  We are really trying to go through our entire area roster 
and clean it out.  

Sunday was a wonderful day.  We had dinner with our Branch President.  He is 
really a wonderful person.  We talked with him about going and visiting all of the 
branch members and asking them to help us with missionary work.  We are all 
missionaries in some aspect and need to share this gospel together.  

This week in my studies I focused on Alma.  That book is awesome!  Specifically 
Chapter 5 - for some reason this chapter really stuck out to me this week.  I love 
verses 45 and 46:  

45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these 
things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that 
these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye 
suppose that I know of their surety?

46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by 
the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many 
days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do 
know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made 
them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit;and this is the spirit of 
revelation which is in me.

I love how it talks about how he came to a knowledge through the Holy Spirit.  
I know that this is the only way to receive a witness of the Book of Mormon. I 
have had a lot of spiritual experiences with the Book of Mormon and I can tell 
you guys it is the word of God.  So keep reading it - or begin reading it - just 
read it - everyday if you can!  I love you guys! 

Love Elder Merrill
Elder Merrill with his new (and last) companion -
Elder Asay - at the Arkansas Little Rock Mission Home

No comments:

Post a Comment