Monday, February 5, 2018

Read it everyday folks!

Hey guys!  We started off our week strong by teaching an awesome 
family.  This is the family we received as a referral from the English 
Elders. The mom's main question for us was what church the Savior 
will save when He comes. She had a lot of deep doctrinal questions 
for us. It made the lesson challenging but she is genuinely interested 
so we will do our best to answer all her questions.  

Wednesday we had a wonderful Zone Conference. President Hansen 
gave an amazing lecture out of the New Testament about the Savior's 
life. I really loved learning even more about my Savior.  I now have the 
goal to finish reading the New Testament before I return home.  I know 
it will strengthen my testimony to learn all I can about my Savior - His 
life and His love for me.  

Thursday was a normal missionary day - nothing too exciting.  Friday 
we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  I got to serve with Elder 
Brinkerhoff again.  We had a great time and were able to set a return 
appointment for next week.  The lady we found seemed interested so 
it should be good.  

Sunday was Stake Conference. We talked a lot about councils that are 
happening in the church now.  It was really long and I had to translate 
the whole thing - my voice was dead by the end of it.  The highlight was 
President Hansen's talk on how the Book of Mormon basically improves 
our lives in every aspect.  So read it everyday folks! 

Today's P-day was pretty chill.  The bike shop I purchased my bike at 
sent me a free tune-up so we took it in. They basically just cleaned and
oiled it.  It was free so that was nice.  We still ride almost everyday - it’s 
fun.  We then went shopping at Ross.  It was awesome because I found 
the best deal ever on new pants - I found a pair of Nike golf pants for $3!  
Yep - 3 bucks people - steal of the century!  I am a very happy missionary!  
I also bought a couple new ties because it’s been awhile since I’ve had a 
new one.  They are cool!  Well I sure love you guys!  Have a great week 
and read the Book of Mormon!  

Love, Elder Merrill 

 Happy P-day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment