Monday, September 11, 2017

Stayin in Memphis!

Hey guys!  Well - I'm staying in Memphis with Elder Smalley - 
our 3rd transfer together!  The big change for us is that we are 
now a bike only area.  President Hansen is trying new thing 
and creating all bike areas.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm actually 
really excited to stay here.  I love Memphis!   And hopefully I will 
lose some mission gained weight biking all the time now - ha ha!  
Hermana Keller is also still in my district.  This will be 6 straight 
transfers serving together with her!  Crazy!  

This week has been pretty good.  We had some complications 
with exchanges and somehow I ended up in Elder Anaya's area 
with him the whole week.  We both had guitars so he taught me 
a few things.  I'm sending the guitar home soon.  We were able to 
do some fun things in his area.  We were given the opportunity to 
do some awesome service for a member with all four of us.  We 
moved all of the member's stuff he had in storage to a shed at his 
house.  Serving together with these Elders is so much fun.  Some-
how hard work with them is always fun.  It was such a blessing to 
serve and spend time with Elder Anaya this past week before he 
leaves the mission field.  It was super sad to say goodbye today. 

This week really wasn't too eventful so I don't have much else to 
say other than the church is still true!  Today we've been at the 
church all day for transfers just hanging out with missionaries.  
It's been fun, but being at the church all day is super boring....  
Well I love you guys!  Have a great week!

Love Elder Merrill


Walkin in Memphis!  

One last picture of this Memphis 6-pack
Hermanas Keller & Petty
Elders Anaya, Merrill, Sotomarino, & Smalley

Elder Anaya's funeral 
He will be missed in the ALRM!

Elder Merrill says good-bye to Elder Anaya

Elder Merrill says good-bye to Elder Jorgensen

Elder Merrill hanging out with missionaries on transfer day 

No comments:

Post a Comment