Monday, July 31, 2017

Stayin in Memphis!

Hey guys!  Today is transfer day and I'm stayin' in Memphis 
with Elder Smalley.  So happy!  It's crazy to think that another 
transfer has gone by!  I don't have tons of time today because 
of transfers.  This afternoon we ended up going to the Pyramid 
and bowling with a bunch of people.  It was super fun!  

This past week was really good.  We helped a member of the 
branch move for two full days.  It was actually a lot of fun.  In 
between moving the guy taught us a bunch of soccer moves.  
I feel like I'm getting pretty good - you better watch out Dad.  

Remember Ricardo from Columbia that came to our English 
class?  We began teaching him this week.  He told us when 
he was at our church service he really felt like it was the church 
he has been looking for.  Miracles do happen people!  

Happy Birthday mom!  You told me that the best gift I could give 
you is sharing my testimony with you - so here goes.......... 

I have definitely come to know for myself that this gospel is 
amazing. The more I learn about this gospel the more I come 
to love it.  As have helped people become more converted to 
the gospel I have become more converted myself.  I have come 
to love repentance because without it none of us would get very 
far.  I have come to love the people I serve. It is amazing to be able 
to see someone through the eyes of God.  I want to do everything 
I can to help others feel His love for each other them.  Miracles are 
a real thing.  I am pretty sure that miracles happen right when we 
think God has forgotten us.  There is story about the refiners fire.  
It talks about how we need to get a little bit beat up before we can 
become who we need to be. I love my Savior and I know He is there 
to carry me when I can't take another step.  I have definitely come to 
know that you were always right - Ha ha - that has been kinda frustrating.  
Thanks for always being there and helping me and showing me that 
this gospel is true.  I love being a missionary!  I especially love it when 
people yell at us on our bikes.  I've heard some crazy stuff but it is all 
worth it.  I'm excited to still have a year left to serve as a missionary.  
I plan to give it all I have!  Thanks for everything Mom.  I love you! 

Love Elder Merrill
Elder Merrill in his new jersey at the Memphis Pyramid

BOWLING at the Pyramid

This 6-pack of missionaries are all happy to 
still be serving together in Memphis for another transfer.
Elder Smalley & Merrill - Hermanas Petty & Keller - Elders Anaya & Sotomarino

Handsome Elders

 -Memphis Zone - 
in their shirts they painted for their zone vs. zone battle


Companions Elder Smalley & Elder Merrill


Elder Merrill & Elder Anaya

What are they talking about? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment